At Cuvent, we make a progressive contribution to ensuring that people can collect shared moments and experiences with one another and that the relationships with our fellow human beings as well as our memories with them are more profound and of higher quality. Cuvent was designed with a focus on humanity, authenticity and integrity of our digital interactions with one another to create a place of trust in which people can express themselves freely, so that they can share their life stories together- a tale of a plethora of unique moments, experiences and relationships.
We created these Community Guidelines to support our mission by encouraging the broadest range of self-expression while making sure Cuventlers can use our services safely every day.
These Guidelines apply to all content on Cuvent— and to all Cuventlers, equally.
We've done our best below, and in our Terms of Service, to set out specific rules of the road for what content we allow on Cuvent. But it's hard to anticipate every situation that might come up. The key is the spirit of these rules: we want Cuvent to be a safe and positive experience for everyone. We reserve the right to decide, in our sole discretion, what content violates that spirit and will not be permitted on the platform.
Harassment & Bullying
- We prohibit bullying or harassment of any kind.
- Don’t send a message or post a comment with the intention of making someone feel bad. If someone blocks you, don’t try to contact them from another account.
- Sharing another person’s private information and pictures or videos of people in private spaces — like a bathroom, bedroom, locker room or a medical facility — without their knowledge and consent is not allowed.
- If someone is in your picture or video and asks you to remove it, please do!
Threats, Violence & Harm
- Encouraging violence or dangerous behavior is prohibited — never threaten to harm a person, a group of people, or someone’s property.
- Depictions of gratuitous or graphic violence are not allowed.
- We don’t allow the glorification of self-harm, including the promotion of self-injury or eating disorders.
Impersonation, Deceptive Practices & False Information
- Pretending to be someone you’re not — this includes your friends, celebrities, brands, or other organizations — or attempting to deceive people about who you are is not allowed.
- We prohibit spam and other deceptive practices, including manipulating content for misleading purposes.
- We prohibit spreading false information that causes harm or is malicious, such as denying the existence of tragic events, unsubstantiated medical claims, or undermining the integrity of civic processes.
- Don’t use Cuvent for any illegal activities — including to buy or sell illegal drugs, contraband, counterfeit goods, or illegal weapons.
- We prohibit the promotion and use of certain regulated goods, as well as the depiction or promotion of criminal activities.
Terrorism, Hate Groups, and Hate Speech
- Terrorist organizations and hate groups are prohibited from using our platform and we have no tolerance for content that advocates or advances violent extremism or terrorism.
- Hate speech or content that demeans, defames, or promotes discrimination or violence on the basis of race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, immigration status, socio-economic status, age, weight or pregnancy status is prohibited.
Sexually Explicit Content
- We report child sexual exploitation to authorities. Never post, save, or send nude or sexually explicit content involving anyone under the age of 18 — even of yourself. Never ask a minor to send explicit imagery or chats.
- We prohibit accounts that promote or distribute pornographic content.
- Breastfeeding and other depictions of nudity in certain non-sexual contexts may be permitted.
Please remember that you can always file a report with our safety team using our in-app reporting feature. We review these reports to determine whether there is a violation of these Guidelines and any action needs to be taken.
If you violate these Community Guidelines, we may remove the offending content, terminate or limit the visibility of your account, and/or notify law enforcement. If your account is terminated for violating our Terms of Service or these Guidelines, you may not use Cuvent again. Please take these Guidelines seriously and honor them in the spirit in which they are intended.
Last updated 10.12.2020