(1) Cuvent is provided by Cuvent Technologies UG (haftungsbeschraenkt), (hereinafter "Cuvent", "we" or "us").
(1) Cuvent provides the App as an application for devices with the operating systems iOS (Apple) and Android (Google).
(2) The App is aimed at users who are of legal age at the time of conclusion of the contract. Minors under 18 years of age may use the App only under the supervision of their parents or guardians, who must also effectively represent the respective minor when concluding the usage contract in order for it to come into effect. In all other situations, Cuvent will refuse to conclude a contract with minors.
(3) Any conflicting or separate terms and conditions of the User shall not become part of the contract. This also applies if Cuvent does not expressly contradict the terms and conditions of the User.
You can find all further information on the processing of personal data by Cuvent in the privacy statement available at: https://cuvent.com/app-privacy-policy.
(4) The user assures that he uses and enjoys the Services’ benefits in a way that these Terms and our usage policies, such as our Community Guidelines, allow.
(1) All Users must register in order to use the App (hereinafter: Registration). Users can complete the Registration with a phone number and a verification code which is sent to the Users' provided phone number.
(2) The completed Registration represents the User's offer to conclude the contract. Cuvent reserves the right to refuse this offer without giving reasons. With the activation of the User account, Cuvent accepts the offer of the User.
The App is made available to Users free of charge. Hence, the User is not afforded a withdrawal right even where the App is used by the User as a consumer.
(1) The App is a location-based online application which Users can use to meet, socialize and chat with other Users and to promote events in their vicinity. Cuvent is entitled but not obliged to extend these services by adding new functions and features to the App.
(2) The App might offer additional functions such as video chat or other communication channels, however, without guaranteeing to the User that such functions will be available in more recent versions of the App.
(3) Since the App is provided free of charge, Cuvent reserves the right to unilaterally change the scope of functions described above at any time. In this case, Cuvent will announce the change with reasonable notice in the App or otherwise.
(2) You are responsible for your activities, information, and content on Cuvent. You undertake to comply with the relevant statutory provisions (including, but not limited to, on publicity rights and personality or privacy rights as well as provisions on copyright, trademark and name rights or the right to protection of minors).
(3) You assure us that you have all necessary rights regarding the content you upload to Cuvent, and the contents you upload to Cuvent (photos, texts, videos, comments, etc.):
(4) You further continue to undertake not to do the following:
(5) You are obliged to keep the login information (user name, phone number, activation code or, if applicable, password) strictly confidential at all times and to ensure that no unauthorized persons gain access to the App. If there are indications that the login information is being used by an unauthorized person, Cuvent is entitled to block the User account until the matter has been resolved.
(6) You guarantee, that - should you choose to send invitation messages to third-party recipients –, you have obtained their previous explicit consent to receiving such messages.
(2) When choosing the sanction to be imposed on the User, Cuvent will take into account the interests of the User concerned and, among other things, whether there has been misconduct through no fault of our own or whether the infringement has been committed culpably. The following measures and sanctions may be considered by us depending on the severity of the misconduct:
(3) We reserve the right to assert claims for damages in the amount of the respective damage.
(2) If the User posts his own copyrighted content such as messages, photos or ratings on the App, the User grants Cuvent the non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, unlimited right to use this content for the purpose of providing the respective service on the App to the extent necessary for this. This also includes any contents made available in User-to-User communication such as video chats. The right of use granted by the User, therefore, includes the right to technically reproduce the contents (e.g. within the scope of storage), to edit them and to make them publicly accessible on the App. The right of public access ends when the user removes a posted content from the App or terminates the contractual relationship with Cuvent by deleting the App.
(1) Cuvent is only liable for damages in cases of intent and gross negligence. In case of simple negligence, Cuvent is shall be liable without limitation for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health as well as for damages according to statutory product liability provisions. Cuvent shall further be liable for damages resulting from the violation of an essential contractual obligation (i.e. an obligation the fulfilment of which makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on compliance with which the User as contractual partner regularly relies and may reasonably rely on); in this case, however, the liability of Cuvent is limited to the compensation of the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
(2) The liability for data loss is, in any case, limited to the typical effort necessary to restore the data. The User is obliged to make regular backups of their data and to keep the security risk as low as possible.
(3) Cuvent assumes no liability for the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of the services offered or information provided unless the errors were included intentionally or through gross negligence. In particular, Cuvent assumes no contractual liability for the data and content posted by third parties or statements made by Users, be they registered or unregistered.
(4) The App is integrated with or may otherwise interact with third-party applications, websites, and services (“Third-Party Applications”) the App available to you. These Third-Party Applications and Devices may have their own terms and conditions of use and privacy policies and your use of these Third-Party Applications will be governed by and subject to such terms and conditions and privacy policies. Cuvent does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the behavior, features, or content of any such Third-Party Application or for any transaction you may enter into with the provider of any such Third-Party Applications, nor does Cuvent warrant the compatibility or continuing compatibility of the Third-Party Applications.
(5) Cuvent does not guarantee that the App is constantly and uninterruptedly available. In particular, maintenance, security or capacity issues, and events beyond our control (such as disruptions to public communications networks, power outages, etc.) may result in short-term disruptions or temporary suspension of the App.
(6) The aforementioned limitations of liability also apply to the personal liability of the representatives and employees of Cuvent.
(1) The contract for the use of the App becomes effective with the activation of the user account for an unlimited period. The User and Cuvent may terminate the contract for the use of the App at any time without giving reasons. The User can deactivate their User account at any time. Deactivation of the User account by the User shall also be deemed termination of the User contract.
(2) The above termination rights are granted to User without prejudice to the right to extraordinary termination for cause.
(3) Cuvent also reserves the right to irrevocably deactivate User account switch incomplete registration data and User accounts that have been inactive for a period of at least 12 months. In this case, the contract will continue, but you have the right to cancel the contract at any time. Cuvent is free but shall be under no obligation to, reactivate such User accounts.
(4) The entire contractual relationship is exclusively subject to German law to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention. If you are a consumer, this choice of law shall only apply insofar as this does not deprive you of the protection under the laws of the country where you have your habitual residence. Such laws shall remain applicable without limitation.
(5) Please direct your Cuvent-related questions or any notifications of infringements of your rights as a User to our support team: [email protected]